Other Food Reviews

To have a look at my new blog - food in greater Tasmania, Austalia and beyond - go HERE


Monday 7 January 2013

Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe

I went to Salsa on Saturday night with four girlfriends for a light dinner and drinks prior to heading into town. The booking was for 7:30 - which I think was pretty good timing as the restaurant was very nearly full, yet it was still early enough in the evening for the seven hundred different waiters we had to maintain their perky attitude throughout the evening. 
Being a summer evening, they had the doors open wide over looking the boats and boardwalk of the seaport. It's a fairly noisy place. Being a Tapas restaurant- there was plenty on the menu to choose from, as well as quite a few vegetarian and vegan options, which I was stoked to see. 
Every time I've been here I've made the mistake of turning the menu over (it's not double sided okay!). 

There are starters, hot foods and cold foods, as well as meal sized potions. With the tapas you pay per item, so in my instance I had 2, $4 Croquettes and 1 $4 arancini ball after my sourdough with oil & balsamic starter.
 It works out to be a good deal, especially if you'd like to try a lot of their menu items. Amongst the five of us, we tried the sourdough bread, arancini, croquettes, sausage rolls, chicken stick, lamb and salmon. 
Everyone had only positive comments to say about their food. They also have an extensive drinks menu, I sampled the berry cocktail - which was delicious! 
One of the waitresses came back and asked Sally if she'd like another drink and bought her a new one while my empty glass went ignored. I do suppose however this was an honest, inattentive mistake.
We were asked if we'd like to have a look at the dessert menu - after saying yes we waited no less than 5 minutes for them to bring it to us. It was a limited and expensive menu so we didn't stay to try any more!

Overall, the service was pretty good - I'm fairly traditional and I would prefer to have the service of one Waiter/waitress for the evening.


I do believe that Salsa has a coupon in the Entertainment Book, however, I left in haste and I didn't check before leaving home.
For the five of us to have dinner & drinks it came to about $140


 



 Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe- 24 Seaport Boulevard, Launceston 7250

03 6334 0730

No comments:

Post a Comment